Yii is Open Source PHP Framework. Qiang Xue is the founder of Yii, He started the development of this open source framework on January 1st, 2008.
What is Yii?
- Yii is fast and Easy,efficient and secure framework
- Yii is great tool kit for developing Web 2.0 applications.
- Great documented PHP framework
- Yii is Open Source ,Free to Use
- Yii is Well Documented
- Yii is High Performance
- Yii comes with caching, authentication and role-based access control, scaffolding, testing, etc
- Minimum Development Time compared to other
- Yii is Secure and efficient
Where You Can Get Yii?
You can Download Yii at : http://www.yiiframework.com/
Wikipedia: Yii Features
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern.
- Database Access Objects (DAO), query builder, Active Record and database migration.
- Integration with jQuery.
- Form input and validation.
- Ajax-enabled widgets, such as auto-complete input field, tree view, and so on.
- Built-in authentication support. It also supports authorization via hierarchical role-based access control (RBAC).
- Skinning and theming.
- Automatic generation of complex WSDL service specifications and management of Web service request handling.
- Internationalization and localization (I18N and L10N). It supports message translation, date and time formatting, number formatting, and interface localization.
- Layered caching scheme. It supports data caching, page caching, fragment caching and dynamic content. The storage medium of caching can be changed.
- Error handling and logging. Errors are handled and presented more nicely, and log messages can be categorized, filtered and routed to different destinations.
- Security measures include cross-site scripting (XSS) prevention, cross-site request forgery (CSRF) prevention, cookie tampering prevention, etc.
- Unit and functionality testing based on PHPUnit and Selenium.
- Automatic code generation for the skeleton application, CRUD applications, etc.
- Code generated by Yii components and command line tools complies to the XHTML standard.
- Carefully designed to work well with third-party code. For example, it’s possible to use code from PEAR or Zend Framework in a Yii application.
Learn YII Framework Basics
- How to Install YII in windows, XAMPP ?
- How to Remove index.php in the url of Yii Website?
- Setting Home Page In yii Application With Default Controller And Default Action ?
I hope you like this Post, Please feel free to comment below, your suggestion and problems if you face - we are here to solve your problems.
I am Arjun from Hyderabad (India). I have been working as a software engineer from the last 7+ years, and it is my passion to learn new things and implement them as a practice. Aside from work, I like gardening and spending time with pets.